I think yesterday marked my 30 days doing the whole online dating thing. What have I learned…
- A lot of people are not honest about what they want and are looking for. His profile may say relationship, but that’s not always the case.
- If he’s on Plenty of Fish, there’s a good chance he’s also on Tinder, Match, OkCupid, etc.
- And it won’t be hard to recognize him because he probably uses the same screen name and photos. His profile may even be verbatim from another dating site too!
- People play games not matter what their age.
- Men can work those “myspace or facebook angles” just as well as us ladies.
- The majority of men want a girl “who doesn’t take herself too seriously.” What the fuck does that even mean?
- Even players have some pretty amazing manners and can treat you like a lady.
- You’re going to see some crazy shit and by that, I mean unsolicited dick pics and other nastiness. Just be prepared.
- People tend to use sites like OKCupid to express their true online intentions. That site gives you a lot of options including casual sex and non monogamous dating. Why not just put swinger?
- I am a good person that started this online dating thing with good intentions, to find someone I could maybe have a future with. I am not looking to get married or engaged anytime soon. I think the shit I have seen has made me feel more jaded than ever. I also feel like I need to sing up for Tinder, Match, and keep my POF and OKC profile going too. But that’s not me at all. I feel like I too need to be a player that way I can’t get invested in someone who’s acting like they’re Ben fucking Higgins on ABC’s The Bachelor dating 25 different women.
- Just like the shelf life on a carton of milk, there’s an expiration date to “hanging out” or seeing each other. If we’ve been out a whole bunch of times and you’re still on the fence, cut my losses.
- So many men’s and probably women’s profiles straight up contradict themselves.
- And lastly, get ready to see some of the worst spelling, grammar, and punctuation of your life.
To spite all this shit, it’s my hope that I can find that person that when they kiss me it makes my toes tingle, someone who respects me and treats me like a lady, and is cool with just getting to know me and seeing where things go. There’s nothing wrong with taking a little break from fishing. You never know, you could land that perfect, trophy fish.